Maher Tours provide fully escorted international and domestic tours, focusing on the “retired or nearly retired” traveller. We create each tour itinerary ourselves and ensure they are fully inclusive and offer a quality experience for all our clients. We have many repeat clients, with some having travelled on over 25 tours! We operate about 30 tours each year to various exciting destinations around the world, and due to COVID we now also operate our own domestic tours.
We require an experienced travel industry professional with great customer relationship and communication skills.
You will be part of a small team of 4 working in a relaxed environment but understand how to get the work done when required. We would also encourage your initiative to develop new and exciting tours. The role will report to the Business Manager.
Part Time OR Full Time Contract
The role will likely be part time initially, 5 mornings per week from 9am to 1pm. Then moving towards a full time position towards the end of this year. As such this will be a fixed term contract position.
There is a possibility however for the role to be full time depending on skill levels.
• 2+ years experience working within the travel industry
• Excellent working knowledge of Sabre for airline reservations is essential
• Exceptional communication skills and customer support
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Previous travel experience with groups, wholesale or corporate travel would be an advantage
• Expert, professional level verbal and written English skills
• High levels of attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise
• Have a great sense of humour and are happy to have fun as well as work hard
• Excellent phone manner and attention to detail are musts
Only New Zealand citizens or residents with valid work permits please apply.
To apply, please look over our website at Mahertours.co.nz, and if interested, please email Andy Richards – email@example.com.
Maher Tours has enhanced its website and put together new tools to assist agents in selling its newly released programme for 2022.
Business manager Emily Newrick says the website has been refreshed and made more user friendly for agents. ‘They can now download all of the brochures directly but they are still able to fill in a request form if they need more. We’ve included a range of testimonials which can be used as well.’