New Zealand travel partners were updated on major expansion plans in Asia by Centara Hotels & Resorts when the company hosted its annual ‘lunch with friends’ at Culprit in Auckland this week.
It was not only awards that were celebrated when China Southern Airlines hosted its top sellers at Red Wall Chinese restaurant in Auckland last Thursday night. It was also an opportunity for a product update and a celebration that CZ’s 12% increase in capacity his year has resulted in a 15% increase in passenger numbers on the Auckland-Guangzhou route.
CZ's Top Selling Agency Groups were Worldwide Holidays, helloworld, Flight Centre, Global Travel Network and China Travel Service.
The Most improved Agency was Aspire Travel Group and STA Travel picked up the Best Global Partner award.
Top Corporate Agencies were Orbit Auckland and APX. GTN was most improved.
The Top Online Travel Agencies were ByoJet Travel and Feijipiao.co.nz.
Top Selling Brokers were Aspire Travel Group and Fine Travel.
Top Selling Agency Stores were Worldwide Holidays Northcote, Worldwide Holidays East Tamaki, China Travel Service Queen St, Flight Centre Auckland Airport, and House of Travel Brandon.
The Best Non-Branded Travel Agency Group was Mann Travel.
The Top Selling Consultant was Iris Xu, Worldwide Holidays Northcote.
The major business card draw for an air and land package to Guangzhou was won by Will Jia from STA Travel.
- Lily Wang, China Southern (CZ)... Lily Wang, China Southern (CZ)...
- Eason He, CZ; Sunita Shalivahan,... Eason He, CZ; Sunita Shalivahan,...
- Aspire Travel’s Phuong Ngu and... Aspire Travel’s Phuong Ngu and...
- Jack Walshe, helloworld and Jono... Jack Walshe, helloworld and Jono...
- Natasha Thompson, Fine Travel and... Natasha Thompson, Fine Travel and...
- House of Travel’s Kylie Downer... House of Travel’s Kylie Downer...
- Lily Wang, CZ (centre) with... Lily Wang, CZ (centre) with...
It was a festive affair at Auckland ‘speakeasy’, The Jefferson, on Wednesday night for American Airlines.
To get the most of a trip to South America, focus on one particular region or country per trip.
Then return again and again to visit different places. That was the message from Eclipse Travel’s Rosemary McNoe to Christchurch agents last week, at an event co-hosted by Air New Zealand and Belmond. ‘Do your research and pick a destination,’ advises McNoe. ‘There